Today in a city courtroom as the family of slain victim, Danyna Gibson watched on in shock, 16-year old Tanaya Lewis who has been charged with first-degree murder was granted a Psychiatric exam Detroit News reports.
Lewis is accused of stabbing Gibson twice in the chest, once in the heart, and twice in the back for reasons related to a boy the two may have had a relationship with. The event occurred in the morning during class at Fitzgerald High School in Warren, MI.
The family of Gibson is shocked and upset, believing that Lewis and her attorney, Mark Brown are attempting to thwart the system by suggesting that she is in a mental state that makes her actions excusable to a certain extent.
Lewis is being held with no bail and will take on the mental competency exam which takes two months to fully process. In the meantime prosecutor Eric Smith is trying to convince the court that this was a premeditated event which the family also agrees with.
The Detroit Free Press reported the news originally, in the article Warren police Detective claimed that Lewis allegedly had no remorse, and had a smile on her face during the attack. The Detroit Free Press also reports that Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith states that Lewis chased the victim around the room during the attack. This is reportedly the first homicide at a Macomb County school.
More updates to come.
- Keke Palmer and Draya Michele Both Stunned In An Alex Perry Ruched Mini Dress
- Mary J. Blige, Iyanla Vanzant, Gail Bean, Michelle Rodriguez And Jayda Cheaves Define Strength
- Hip Hop 50 Live Announced: The Official Concert Celebrating 50 Years of Hip Hop
- Rapping Principal Wayne Muhammad Talks Viral Moment at BIMBÉ 2023
- Football to Film: Marshawn Lynch Starring in Raunchy New Comedy “Bottoms” [TRAILER]
- Joseline Steps Out In New York Rocking A $1,690 Proenza Schouler Dress
- Updated Air Quality Alerts Wednesday Due To Canadian Wildfires
- Free Summer Meals For Kids In Wake County
- 1980: Kurtis Blow Gives Us ‘The Breaks’
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Settles Federal Civil Rape Case Just As Trial is Set to Begin
Suspect in Murder of Fitzgerald High School Student Being Granted Psychiatric Exam was originally published on kissdetroit.com
Cuba Gooding Jr. Settles Federal Lawsuit Accusing Him Of Rape
53rd Annual Bimbe Cultural Arts Festival
DC Young Fly’s Longtime Partner And Mother Of His Children Ms Jacky Oh Dead After Mommy Makeover Surgery
Dodged That Bullet! Claudia Jordan Glad She Didn’t Date Brian McKnight During ‘Celebrity Apprentice’
53rd BIMBÉ Cultural Arts Festival Celebrates 50 Years of Hip-Hop
Check Out Juneteenth Events Across The State
Alicia Keys: "Girl On Fire" [AUDIO]
Check Out Da Brat's Baby Shower