Teenage Stars That Made Good
was originally published on
1. Romeo Miller has been on the scene since 2001 first in music and now in television and film.
2. Alfonso Riberio began his career at the age of eight. His most notable role was as ‘Carlton Banks’ on the NBC sitcom The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air from 1990 to 1996.
3. Raven Symone started acting at age three in the hit show, ‘The Cosby Show’. She then went on to star in her own show on the Disney channel and several movies.
4. Gabrielle Union’s goal wasn’t to be an actress. While interning in college at a Talent Agency she was discovered and landed her first role on ‘Saved By The Bell’. Since then she’s become a household name and is currently starring in BET’s ‘Being Mary Jane’.
5. Meagan Good started acting in 1999 on Nickelodeon’s ‘Cousin Skeeter’. She has since been seen in other television sitcoms and movies. The highly anticipated sequel to ‘Think Like A Man’ comes out in June 2014 where she stars as Joanna.
6. Tahj Mowry is the little brother of superstar twins, Tia and Tamera, however he has been acting in his own right since age four. Some of his roles include ‘Full House’ and ‘ Smart Guy’. Currently stars as Tucker on ABC’s ‘Baby Daddy’.
7. Nick Cannon has been on the scene since 1990. He is now the President of Nick Jr and has married one of the biggest stars in the country.
8. Marques Houston has been acting since 1992 and although he’s not in the spotlight as much now, he has made cameos in several films and is still active in the music business.
9. Tatyana Ali started her acting career at age six appearing on Sesame Street and later on landing her career defining role as Ashley on ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’
10. Tamery Mowry-Housely and Tia Mowry-Hardict started their career in 1990 and have had a steady climb in the industry ever since. Both are married with kids and can be seen on their respective televisions shows.
11. Keke Palmer started her acting career at age 9 and she shows no signs of slowing down. At age 20 she has just been named the youngest person to ever have her own talk show.
12. Brandy became a star at just 15 and at 31, she is not close to slowing down. (PR)
13. LL Cool J hopped on the scene at the young age of 19 and 20 years later is still here. (PR)
14. “Just One of Them Days” catapulted Monica into the music industry and she hasn’t left. (PR)
15. Nas made his first big rap appearance at the age of 18, and still is making classics. (PR)
16. Beyonce was just a kid when she began her career, and over 20 years later she’s a bonafide Superstar. (PR)
17. Some may think it’s too soon to say Bow Wow has made it but after 12 years in the game, he’s made his mark. (PR)
18. With over a half a century of success, many forget Aretha Franklin was just 17 with a Billboard Hit. (PR)
19. 7-time Grammy Award Winner Usher, snuck onto the scene at 13 and is now one of the best selling artists of all time.(PR)