Join the Durham Chamber for the second annual Durham Women Take No Bull gathering on Thursday, March 8th. The story of Durham’s history from railroad and tobacco to research and technology is incomplete without the voice of the many women who have shaped Durham’s past and are continuing to build its future. This event brings together Durham’s women, from every industry and cluster to both inspire and inform each other through panel discussions and a keynote address.
- Lori Jones-Gibbs, Senior Vice-President, Community Development Banking – The Carolinas – PNC
- Dr. C. Nicole Swiner, Durham Family Medicine, author “How to Avoid the Superwoman Complex”
- Heather Denny, CEO – McDonald York Building Company
- Heather Pownall, Director of Business Development – AICPA
- Ellen Shannon, Chief Operating Officer – Shannon Media
- Lori O-Keefe, President & CEO – Triangle Community Foundation
- Nicole Oxendine, Owner, Empower Dance Studio
- Leigh-Kathryn Bonner, Founder – Bee Downtown
Plus a keynote address from Zim Ugochukwu, entrepreneur and founder of Travel Noire, a digital publishing platform that creates tools and resources for the unconventional traveler.
*Lunch will be provided.
Myra Wooten, the Director of Marketing & Communications for the Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce stopped by to discuss the event.
Legendary Singer Tina Turner Dies At Age 83
River Oaks Middle School's Code Red Lockdown Lifted [UPDATE]
Sheldon Reynolds, Vocalist/Guitarist for EWF & Commodores, Dies at 63
53rd Annual Bimbe Cultural Arts Festival
Dodged That Bullet! Claudia Jordan Glad She Didn’t Date Brian McKnight During ‘Celebrity Apprentice’
DC Young Fly’s Longtime Partner And Mother Of His Children Ms Jacky Oh Dead After Mommy Makeover Surgery
Longtime Angus Barn Executive Chef, Walter Royal, Passes Away
NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony Announces Retirement