Being healthy and incorporating a daily routine of exercise and eating healthy is important. Stroke is the third-leading killer in the U.S. after cancer and heart disease.
1. Regular exercise: at least 30 minutes three or more times per week.
2. Avoid excess salt, especially if you have high blood pressure.
3. Eat lots of fruit, vegetables, and fish; eat red meat no more than once per week.
4. Alcoholic beverages in moderation: up to one daily for woman and two daily for men.
5. Visit your doctor at least once a year to have blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar checked.
To get more information, go to the National Stroke Association: www.stroke.org
Follow me on Twitter- @elev8_Kelly
Arrest Made In 1996 Unsolved Murder of Tupac Shakur
HBO Cancels Lakers Drama "Winning Time" After 2 Seasons, X Users Call Foul
Put That On Everything? Usher To Headline Super Bowl LVIII In Las Vegas
Teyana Taylor Confirms Separation from Iman Shumpert
Tisha Campbell-Martin Responds To Duane and Will Smith Gay Rumors
Chloë Bailey Revealed Her Celebrity Crush And We Are Here For It
Rest in Peace: Irish Grinstead of 90’s Group 702 Passes Away at Age 43
Raphael Saadiq Drops "Revisiting" Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour Dates