Community

Power is simply the courage to confront issues head on, take a stand for what is right, and then act to make things different. Here are five ways you can exercise it: Stop ignoring the evil you encounter. The older I get, the easier it is to close my eyes to poverty, pain, injustice, and […]

The City of Raleigh’s 14th annual expo for small disadvantaged minority- and women-owned businesses will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 25 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Southeast Raleigh High School, 2600 Rock Quarry Road. The expo is free. The expo is held annually to provide small disadvantaged minority- and women-owned businesses with an […]

After much controversy about the hiring of the Rev. Al Sharpton to fill the MSNBC time slot vacated by liberal pundit Cenk Uygur, the new TV ratings are in, and Sharpton’s show is a smash. RELATED: Why Is The Media Scared Of Rev. Al Sharpton? While MSNBC has never been able to trump the conservative […]

Affirmation For Today: I Make Conscious, Appropriate, And Wise Decisions An affirmation is a great way to start training your mind toward a positive way of thinking.  Coupled with other positive thinking exercises, a positive affirmation will help you overcome any obstacle that is put in front of you.  The object of these positive thinking […]

After performing “Testimony” in Washington, DC for his forthcoming albumI Win, Pastor Marvin Sapp explained his songwriting process. When asked about “Testimony,” Marvin told Sheilah Belle, “I write songs from personal experience.” Marvin Sapp’s record-breaking hit “Never Would Have Made It” was written after he lost three important people in his life and he explained, […]

Footage of Scott Olsen being shot by Police at Occupy Oakland from Raleigh Latham on Vimeo.