It’s an excuse to eat the sweetened dough fried or baked, mixed with various sweeteners and flavors, sometimes filled with jelly, custard or cream. National Doughnut Day was established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army. The day honors women who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I, and is celebrated on the first Friday in June.
Here’s a list of deals around Triangle doughnut shops.
▪ Carolina Glazed Donuts: 5400 S. Miami Blvd., Durham. One free doughnut, no purchase necessary.
▪ Daylight Donuts: 7550-101 Creedmor Road, Raleigh. Buy any drink, get a free glazed doughnut. Call ahead to place an order 919-272-1748 is recommended. daylightdonutsraleigh.com
▪ Duck Donuts: Deals are at participating locations in Raleigh and Cary. Get a free doughnut with any purchase. duckdonuts.com/
▪ Dunkin’ Donuts: Several locations throughout the Triangle. Buy any beverage, get a classic doughnut free. dunkindonuts.com
▪ Krispy Kreme: Several locations throughout the Triangle. Get one free doughnut of any kind, no purchase necessary. krispykreme.com
▪ Rise Biscuits and Donuts: Locations in Raleigh, Durham, Morrisville and Holly Springs. The doughnut shop will donate 10 percent of Friday’s sales to local chapters of the Salvation Army. risebiscuitsdonuts.com
Tisha Campbell-Martin Responds To Duane and Will Smith Gay Rumors
Washed Crooner Aaron Hall Getting Dragged For All The Filth After Rape Accusation With Diddy
George "Funky" Brown, Drummer for Kool & The Gang, Dies at 74
We Can't Go For That! Daryl Hall Files Restraining Order Against John Oates In Messy Legal Battle
Sean "Diddy" Combs To Temporarily Step Down as REVOLT Chairman
SCORE! Tyreek Hill and Other Pro Athletes With Enough Kids To Start Their Own Teams
Snoop Dogg Sends Social Media Ablaze After Declaring He’s Giving Up Smoking
Cassie Accuses Sean Combs of Rape and Years of Abuse in Lawsuit