Popcorn is a healthy snack, but the convenient microwaveable popcorn bags pose a danger. The bags are coated with chemicals linked to various cancers, along with reproductive system damage. The “oh so tasty” fake butter flavor has been linked to lung damage to factory workers where the microwave popcorn is made. The trans fats used to keep the product “shelf stable” has been linked to reproductive problems. The 2010 Presidents Cancer Panel suggested avoiding plastics, to lower your risk of cancer; plastic liners are now being used in some microwaveable popcorn bags. Plastic shouldn’t be heated; heating the petrochemicals accelerate leaching of harmful chemicals into your food.
- Tamar Braxton Releases New Single “The One” (LISTEN)
- BEAUTY BEAT: The Best Celeb Makeup Looks Of The Week
- WARDROBE WARS: Rita Ora vs Bridget Kelly
- Keandre Varner: Student Suspended After Posting Principal’s Mugshot To Instagram
- Man Undergoes Surgery For 134-Pound Scrotum
- From the Screening Room "Peeples" [PHOTOS]