“OREO Cakesters is the Perfect Way to “Sweeten up Your Ride”
Sole Sponsor – WFXC-FM
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The OREO Cakesters is the Perfect Way to Sweeten up Your Ride Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday October 17, 2011 and end on Sunday, November 20, 2011 (“Contest Period”). One winner will be chosen weekly. Weekly winners will each be awarded a $50 retailer gift card. At the end of the Contest, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded a $250 retailer gift card and two (2) tickets to a North Carolina State Football game.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WFXC-FM (“Station”) who are legal residents of the U.S. residing within the terrestrial listening area of the Station, and are 21 years of age and older at the time of Contest entry will be able to take part in this Contest. There are two methods of Contest entry. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
1. Listeners will be encouraged to (i) send an email to “email@example.com“ or text-in “OREO Cakesters” to short code (82582) and (ii) give a short description of their favorite “ride” (vehicle; motorcycle; or other mode of transportation) for a chance to win the weekly grand prize.
2. Entries must be “family friendly” and not be patently offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene, or similarly inappropriate in the Station’s sole discretion.
3. The text-in response message will be: “Thk U 4 entering.” The Station will text you if you win”. Standard text and data rates apply.
4. The email response message will be “Thank You for Entering, we will email you if you win, must be 21; standard data rates and message rates apply.”
5. The winners’ text message will read: “Congrats you are our weekly winner call Foxy offices at 919-848-9736 to claim your prize, mobile number must be verified.”
6. The winners’ email message will read: “Congrats you are our weekly winner call Foxy offices at 919-848-9736 to claim your prize, email address must be verified with a printed copy of the original email.”
7. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the email / mobile account at the time the entry was made.
Listeners can also access Contest rules and execution on our website: http://www.foxync.com via a widget on the right rail of the site where listeners will be encouraged to “click here” for Contest Rules and in order to learn how to win the “How OREO Cakesters is the perfect way to “Sweeten up Your Ride”.
1. The Contest is open only to listeners of WFXC-FM who are legal residents of the U.S. residing within the terrestrial listening area of the Station, and are 21 years of age and older at the time of Contest entry.
2. Employees of WFXC-FM, Radio One, Inc. its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertisers, general sponsors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the Raleigh, North Carolina metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or households (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
3. Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
4. Persons who have won a prize in another Contest or promotion of any kind from WFXC-FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from WFXC-FM during any thirty (30) day period.
1. Weekly Qualifying email or text-in prize will include the following:
• One (1) $50 retailer gift card
2. One (1) Grand Prize package will include the following:
• One (1) $250 retailer gift card and two (2) tickets to see a North Carolina State Football game valued at $120. Transportation to and from the event venue will be the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
3. Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by the participating sponsor must be claimed at the Station’s offices within ten (10) days of the date of winning.
4. No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by Station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. All Contest winners must sign and date official Station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
6. If for any reason a Contest winner decides not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize if requested by the Contest Sponsor. It will be at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and / or Contest administrator if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
7. If Contest winner does not claim their prize within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited.
8. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
1. During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by submitting an entry via text message or email for a chance to win.
2. The Grand Prize drawing will take place on Monday, November 21, 2011.
3. The Contest will progress in the following manner:
a. The on-air personality will encourage listeners to email or text-in their entry
b. Weekly entries will be placed into a random drawing using “the randomizer system” to pick a weekly winner from the list of eligible emails and text messages received. After the weekly winner has been selected, the station will notify the winner the next day by 10:00am via text message, phone call and or email. Weekly winners qualify for a chance to win the grand prize.
c. The Grand Prize winner will be chosen through “the randomizer system” from all entries that qualified during the Contest Period.
d. After receiving notification regarding the status of their entry, winners must call the Radio Station office to claim their prize; all mobile numbers and email addresses must be verified.
e. All prizes must be picked up at the offices of WFXC-FM, Monday- Friday between 8:30am -5:30pm. Winner must provide valid I.D. and verify their mobile number or email address.
4. All decisions made by WFXC-FM and Radio One, Inc. management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold WFXC-FM, Radio One, Inc., any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
8. The Station retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed, Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the Station reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
10. WFXC-FM, Radio One, Inc., participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, WFXC-FM, Radio One, Inc., participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that WFXC-FM and Radio One, Inc. have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. WFXC-FM, Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the Contest, including; cancellation of the Contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of WFXC-FM, Radio One, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; reasonable attempts will be made to offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, WFXC-FM and Radio One, Inc. reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
14. If for any reason, the Contests is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contests is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified Contests entries, or any other causes beyond WFXC-FM and Radio One, Inc.’s control which, in the WFXC-FM Radio One, Inc.’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contests, WFXC-FM and Radio One, Inc. reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contests at their sole discretion.
15. Copies of Contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of WFXC-FM, located at 8001-101 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh, NC 276113. Copies of Contest rules may also be made available during on-site / in-person remote events.