Jamaican Chicken Breast with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 small (about 6 oz.) sweet potato
- 1 small (about 5 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast half
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1. Scrub potato. Trim ends. Prick skin in several places with fork. Place in shallow microwave-safe dish. Micro-cook, loosely covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or until very tender, turning dish every 2 minutes. Let potato stand until cool enough to handle.
2. Meanwhile, brush chicken on both sides with oil. Rub jerk seasoning on both sides of chicken.
3. In small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray cook chicken over medium-low heat about 6 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Add beans, tomato and broth to skillet. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir onions into bean mixture.
4. Meanwhile, use spoon to scoop pulp from potato. Slightly mash potato. Stir in butter. Return to microwave-safe dish. Micro-cook, loosely covered, about 1 minute or until heated through. Spoon onto serving plate. Top with chicken and vegetables. Serve immediately.
Make It A Meal
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, whole green beans tossed with 1 teaspoon melted butter and ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 crisp whole wheat bread stick (about 9 inches long)
- 1 wedge of fresh pineapple (equal to 1/6 of whole) drizzled with 2 to 3 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
(Total Calories: 228)
Rest in Peace: Irish Grinstead of 90’s Group 702 Passes Away at Age 43
Jeezy Files For Divorce From Jeannie Mai
HBO Cancels Lakers Drama "Winning Time" After 2 Seasons, X Users Call Foul
Put That On Everything? Usher To Headline Super Bowl LVIII In Las Vegas
Tisha Campbell-Martin Responds To Duane and Will Smith Gay Rumors
Teyana Taylor Confirms Separation from Iman Shumpert
Raphael Saadiq Drops "Revisiting" Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour Dates
Chloë Bailey Revealed Her Celebrity Crush And We Are Here For It