Barack Obama’s new book A Promised Land is available today and you KNOW he gave us a playlist.
“Music has always played an important role throughout my life—and that was especially true during my presidency. While reviewing my notes ahead of debates, I’d listen to Jay-Z’s “My 1st Song” or Frank Sinatra’s “Luck Be a Lady.” Throughout our time in the White House, Michelle and I invited artists like Stevie Wonder and Gloria Estefan to conduct afternoon workshops with young people before performing an evening show in the East Room. And there were all sorts of performances I’ll always remember—like Beyoncé performing “At Last” for our first dance at our inauguration, Paul McCartney serenading Michelle in the East Room with, “Michelle” and Bob Dylan flashing me a grin before vanishing after his performance of “Times They Are a-Changin.” So in honor of my book coming out tomorrow, I thought I’d put together a playlist with some of those songs. Hope you enjoy it. #APromisedLand”
5 Times Lisa Bonet Gave Us Flower Child Vibes
1. LISA BONET, 1985Source:Getty 1 of 5
2. LISA BONET AT THE "HIGH FIDELITY" HOLLYWOOD PREMIERE, 2000Source:Getty 2 of 5
3. LISA BONET AT THE HBO POST-EMMYS AFTER-PARTY, 2011Source:Getty 3 of 5
4. LISA BONET AT THE PREMIERE OF WARNER BROS. PICTURES' "JUSTICE LEAGUE", 2017Source:Getty 4 of 5
5. LISA BONET AT THE 21ST ANNUAL WARNER BROS. AND INSTYLE GOLDEN GLOBE AFTER PARTY, 2020Source:Getty 5 of 5