After all the drama between Kim Cattrall and the other Sex and the City ladies, we’re probably not going to get a third movie installment. So now, folks are all out here revealing what might have happened had we gotten Sex and the City 3.
Chris North, A.K.A Mr. Big, hit up James Andrew Miller’s podcast recently to talk script. Miller, a journalist who claims to have read an early version of the script, brought up its lack of appreciation for Cattrall’s character and the fact that it would have called for a highly important character to die.
JustJared reports Miller told North during the podcast, “People close to Kim [Cattrall] believe that the script didn’t have a lot to offer the character of Samantha.” He reportedly continued, ”They point to the fact that it calls for Mr. Big to die of a heart attack in the shower, relatively early on in the film, making the remainder of the movie more about how Carrie recovers from Big’s death than about the relationship between the four women.” “Chris responded that he hadn’t read the script, but did say he heard the third movie script was ‘superior’ to the first two scripts,” JustJared states.
In case you missed it, Kim Cattrall made it clear that she wanted no parts of a third Sex and the City. In September of last year, she hit Twitter to say she “Woke 2 a @MailOnline [sh*t]storm! The only ‘DEMAND’ I ever made was that I didn’t want to do a 3rd film….& that was back in 2016.”
While she also clearly doesn’t want to be friends with Sarah Jessica Parker anymore, SJP went on record to say she still wanted Cattrall onboard for the movie. When a fan asked that they continue without Cattrall’s character, Parker was seen responding “Not sure if I can imagine doing another movie without her.”
SJP’s comment was surprising, as Cattrall shut her all the way down earlier this year. After her brother died, Cattrall said she didn’t need her old friend’s support.
“My Mom asked me today ‘When will that @sarahjessicaparker, that hypocrite, leave you alone?’ Your continuous reaching out is a painful reminder of how cruel you really were then and now. Let me make this VERY clear. (If I haven’t already) You are not my family. You are not my friend. So I’m writing to tell you one last time to stop exploiting our tragedy in order to restore your ‘nice girl’ persona,” she wrote via Instagram.
Destiny's Child's Best Red Carpet Moments (PHOTOS)
1. Destiny's Child in 1998.1 of 30
2. The 2000s shoe game was serious.2 of 30
3. Destiny's Child rocked midriffs and skirts way before Kim K did!3 of 30
4. All red everything.4 of 30
5. Talk to the hand!5 of 30
6. Light and colorful in 2000.6 of 30
7. And then there were three...7 of 30
8. B starts to secure her spot in the middle for photos.8 of 30
9. Pleather was a music group's best friend back in the day.9 of 30
10. Check out Michelle's retro purple eyeshadow.10 of 30
11. Looking classy at the 2000 VH1 Vogue Fashion Awards.11 of 30
12. Matching strappy sandals!12 of 30
13. Pretty in pink.13 of 30
14. Ringing in 2001 at the Grammys.14 of 30
15. Pretty in pink part 2: Swirls.15 of 30
16. Six hands, six Grammys.16 of 30
17. Kelly snagged a center spot.17 of 30
18. B showing some major skin.18 of 30
19. Lookin' good ladies.19 of 30
20. Bedazzled jeans!20 of 30
21. Brief stint as boy scouts in 2001.21 of 30
22. TRL should count as a red carpet, too. Carson Daly!22 of 30
23. So sleek in New York.23 of 30
24. Xoxo24 of 30
25. Belt game strong.25 of 30
26. You know you've made it when you have your own dolls.26 of 30
27. Fringes: Trendy then, trendy now.27 of 30
28. That time Destiny's Child wore white after Labor Day in 2001.28 of 30
29. And again.29 of 30
30. That is one [Sasha] fierce side eye coming from Bey.30 of 30
Guess Which MAIN Character Would’ve Reportedly Went Bye, Bye In ‘Sex And The City 3’ was originally published on globalgrind.com