Administrators at Annapolis, Maryland areas high schools are scheduled to meet Wednesday with parents and students for an open dialog about racist threats at the schools, ABC News Baltimore reports.
This comes after a racist petition circulated Friday at Arundel High School and tweets appeared on social media late Monday about a White supremacist attack at Arundel and Annapolis High Schools. Police officers patrolled both campuses on Tuesday as a precaution.
The Annapolis Capital Gazette reported that students at Arundel High School circulated the petition titled “Kool Kids Klan,” which urged White students to join the group. It included White supremacist language and a racial slur to describe African-Americans.
George Arlotto, the superintendent of Anne Arundel County Public Schools, sent a letter to parents condemning the petition, according to The Gazette.
“It is unconscionable to me how anyone could believe this material is anything but horrifying, and it has absolutely no place in our schools or school system,” Arlotto’s letter stated.
On Monday afternoon before school dismissal, the first threatening tweet appeared from an account called “Kool Kids Klan KKK.” It referred to an attacked at Arundel High School. And later that evening, a second threat was tweeted about an attack at Annapolis High School on Tuesday.
ABC News reported that Anne Arundel Police Department believes the threats lacked credibility.
Happy Birthday, Barack Obama: Photos That Will Make You Miss Your Favorite President
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 29
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 29
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 29
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 29
5. First Family PortraitSource:Getty 5 of 29
6. Two TermsSource:Getty 6 of 29
7. Michelle and Barack host a State DinnerSource:Getty 7 of 29
8. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 29
9. Sunday ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 29
10. Barack Obama and his daughter Malia ObamaSource:Getty 10 of 29
11. A Family AffairSource:Getty 11 of 29
12. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 12 of 29
13. Happy Birthday!Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 14 of 29
15. Historic First FamilySource:Getty 15 of 29
16. Ice Cream TreatSource:Getty 16 of 29
17. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 17 of 29
18. Hawaii Trip!Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Obama Loves Team USA & His WifeSource:Getty 19 of 29
20. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 20 of 29
21. Family SupportSource:Getty 21 of 29
22. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 22 of 29
23. Giving Back On MLK DaySource:Getty 23 of 29
24. Obamas Give Back To The CommunitySource:Getty 24 of 29
25. Always Supporting Small BusinessesSource:Getty 25 of 29
26. Obama SwaggerSource:Getty 26 of 29
27. Laughs & TurkeysSource:Getty 27 of 29
28. Christmas With The ObamasSource:Getty 28 of 29
29. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 29 of 29
Maryland High Schools Talks About Racism With Parents, Students After ‘KKK’ Twitter Threats was originally published on newsone.com