There’s new evidence that several pills taken from Prince’s estate in Paisley Park after his death, were counterfeit drugs that contained fentanyl. Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that’s 50 times more powerful than heroin. The pills were also mislabeled, which brings into question was Prince in so much pain that he didn’t know what he was taking?
The medical examiner believes the fatal dose was self-administered and that Prince died of an accidental overdose. One pill in particular called “Watson 385” tested positive for fentanyl, lidocaine and another drug. Although fentanyl was not found in his system, there’s a probability that he was not a long-time abuser of that drug, and the fatal dose was taken within 24 hours before he died.
Officials also found a prescription bottle in someone else’s name that contained 10 oxycodone pills, but have not revealed whose name was on the prescription bottle.
The illegally manufactured fentanyl is believed to be produced in China, then sold to drug traffickers in the United States, Canada and Mexico. The DEA warns! overdoses and deaths from counterfeit drugs containing fentanyl are only going to increase.
Photo Credit :: Getty