Famed boxer Roy Jones Jr. talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about the memory of Muhammad Ali and how influential he was to his career.
“I learned that mentally boxing is no about assaulting or bullying. When I realized that he took his mind an defeated Joe Frazier, I said I can do that. I always felt like I was a born educator. He enlightened me on what my gift in life was,” Jones said.
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
The Champ is Here! Our 10 Favorite Muhammad Ali Quotes
1. A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty wasted thirty years of his life.1 of 6
2. Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths.2 of 6
3. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.3 of 6
4. It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.4 of 6
5. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.5 of 6
6. We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.6 of 6
(Photo Source: Twitter)
‘He Became My Idol When I Found Out He Was My Father’s Idol’ Roy Jones Jr On Ali was originally published on blackamericaweb.com