Kelly Rowland is most known for her being part of the best-selling girl group of all time, but it’s her new project that sheds a new light on the brown skin beauty that we haven’t quite seen before. Chasing Destiny show Mrs. Witherspoon’s (she married her long-time beau and manager Tim two years ago) journey to creating a girl group that she hopes will be bigger than that of Destiny’s Child.
Kelly talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about why she wants her new group to be better than Destiny’s Child, the music industry and her response to Mathew Knowles’ challenge.
“The best part about this is being able to work with a new generation of talent. To pass down precious gems and knowledge. It’s about building up new talent and making them better. Each generation is supposed to be better than the next.”
On Mathew Knowles’ challenging her to a group off:
“I have no response. Real power is silent. I don’t have to respond.”
Chasing Destiny airs Tuesday nights at 10p/9p CSTon BET. Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Girl Power: R&B Girl Groups
1. 1. Group En Vogue is known for best for their hit song "Hold On." (Photo: Retna)1 of 10
2. 2. The Las Vegas-based group was founded by Missy Elliott. (The Urban Daily)2 of 10
3. 3. The group Blaque made its first appearance in a Lil' Kim video. (Photo: Retna)3 of 10
4. 4. Brownstone is known best for its hit song "If You Love Me." (Photo: EURweb)4 of 10
5. 5. Destiny's Child was formed in Houston and has sold over 40 million albums. (Retna)5 of 10
6. 6. The group Jade is best known for the hit song "Don't Walk Away."6 of 10
7. 7. MoKenStef is best known for the hit song "He's Mine." (The Urban Daily)7 of 10
8. 8. Sisters With Voices originally formed as a gospel group in the 90's. (Photo: Rance Elgin)8 of 10
9. 9. TLC has been ranked one of the greatest musical trios.9 of 10
10. 10. Total was one of the signature acts of Bad Boy Records. (The Urban Daily)10 of 10
(Photo Source: Kelly Rowland Twitter)