Police were called to an Oklahoma neighborhood Saturday when a woman saw men dressed in white robes and burning a fire near a cross. Turns out, one of the men was married to the mayor of Lahoma, Oklahoma, according to Raw Story.
Cary Sharp, 47, who is married to Mayor Teresa Sharp said that he and his friends were drinking and thought it would be funny.
“Sit around the bonfire and drink a couple of beers and thought, well my buddy — his last name is White — and the subject got brung (sic) up,” Sharp said. “We just thought it’d be something to do, and it’s not something to do. I am embarrassed. I’ve shamed my family and friends, and I apologize for that.”
Mayor Sharp called it a “prank.”
Beyond October: Facts About Breast Cancer To Consider Year-Round
1. New Breast Cancer StatisticsSource:HelloBeautiful 1 of 7
2. Breast Cancer Diagnosis Is UpSource:HelloBeautiful 2 of 7
3. Breast Cancer Mortality RatesSource:HelloBeautiful 3 of 7
4. Black Women Under 35Source:HelloBeautiful 4 of 7
5. Breast Cancer Is ...Source:HelloBeautiful 5 of 7
6. Black Women And Stage 4 Diagnosis RatesSource:HelloBeautiful 6 of 7
7. Here's What You Can Do...Source:HelloBeautiful 7 of 7