Click Here To Listen Live

Foxy 107.1-104.3 Featured Video
CLOSE
24065563

Source: Jupiterimages / Getty

Thousands could be without power due to the freezing rain and sleet in the Triangle. If you lose power and are relying on another source for heat, such as a generator, camp stove or grill stay safe.

If you are without power. Call Duke Energy at 1-800-POWERON or text OUT to 57801.

SAFETY TIPS

*Never use a generator, camp stoves and grills inside your home or garage; they should only be used outside.

*Keep them at least 20 feet away from your home’s windows, doors and vents to prevent deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.

The CO from generators, camp stoves and grills can lead to being incapacitated or even death, because you can’t see nor smell carbon monoxide. Even if you cannot smell exhaust fumes, you may still be exposed to CO.

If you start to feel sick, dizzy, or weak while using a generator, get to fresh air RIGHT AWAY

DUKE ENERGY PREPARES FOR POWER OUTAGES ACROSS THE STATE

Also On Foxy 107.1-104.3:
19 Stunning Plus-Size Women Rocking Holiday Looks That Will Inspire Your Next Outfit
19 photos