What: “How to Bid Projects and Complete Requests for Proposals/Qualifications with the City of Durham” – Seminar #1 in the FY13-14
Workshop Series for Small Businesses
Who: City of Durham Equal Opportunity & Equity Assurance Department
When: Thursday, August 29, 2013, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Where: City Hall Council Chambers
101 City Hall Plaza, 1st Floor
Durham, N.C. 27701
· To better enable small businesses to successfully win City of Durham projects, this seminar will cover the full spectrum of bid, RFP/RFQ activities, including bid/RFP/RFQ announcements, pre-bid/proposal activities, bid/proposal opening and flow of activities from contractor selection to City Council and City Manager approval, pre-construction activities, and contractor responsibilities.
· The seminar will be conducted by Assistant Director Jina Propst, Senior Project Manager John Paces-Wiles, and Senior Project Manager Henri Prosperi with the City’s General Services Department.
· This free seminar is open to all small business owners and entrepreneurs from Durham as well as surrounding communities. This seminar series was developed by the City’s Equal Opportunity & Equity Assurance Department to provide technical assistance services to local, small businesses for this fiscal year. This is the first seminar in the fiscal year 2013-2014 series.
· Participants are asked to pre-register by visiting http://DurhamNC.gov/ich/as/eoea/Pages/training_request.aspx or by contacting Senior Equal Opportunity/Equity Assurance Specialist Vincent Wingate by email at Vincent.Wingate@DurhamNC.gov or by calling (919) 560-4180, extension 17241.
· For more information on the FY 13-14 Workshop Series for Small Businesses, visit http://durhamnc.gov/ich/as/eoea/Documents/Small%20Business%20Classes%20Series%20Schedule%202014.pdf.