The “The Isley Brothers contest (“Contest”) will begin on October 3-5 6A-10a (Pre-sale), November 19-23 10A-3P (On-Sale Now) and December 10-14 (Last Chance to Win) ending December 14, 2012 (“Contest Period”). This Contest will be conducted in AM Drive, Midday and PM Drive exclusively on air during the specified time period between 6AM-7PM. Five (5) prize winners per contest period will be awarded a pair of tickets, see The Isley Brothers live at the DPAC on December 21, 2012. There will be one contest winner per day.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WFXC-FM who are legal residents of the U.S. residing within the Raleigh, NC metropolitan area and are 18 years of age or older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, participants must do the following:
- Contest participants must listen for the correct time to call in per the DJ instructions, i.e. listen for the correct song.
- Upon entering the Contest, participants will be asked to provide their name, date of birth and phone number and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register them as the winner for that particular day.
- One on-air winner per day during the Contest Period.
- The Contest is open only to legal residents of the United States residing within the Raleigh, NC metropolitan area who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Contest registration.
- Employees of WFXC-FM, Radio One, Inc. (“Radio One”); its officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies, members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, or grandparent), and members of the households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest.
- Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from WFXC‑FM within the thirty-day (30) period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from WFXC-FM during any thirty (30) day period.
- Contest participants agree to abide with any applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- If a winner is unable to accept the prize, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
- Prize package will include the following:
One pair of tickets to the concert. All other incidentals will be the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
- No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by WFXC management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All Contest winners must sign and date official WFXC release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in the winner’s forfeiture of the prize.
- Prizes will be awarded only upon winner verification and final approval by WFXC. Each winner or selected entrant will be notified by email, mail and/or phone within two (2) days after being selected (e.g., date of drawing). Each winner or selected entrant will then have three (3) days to respond with their information. If the winner or selected entrant is unable to be contacted within two (2) days after being selected (e.g. drawing date), is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return completed and executed release forms and affidavits, if applicable and as required by WFXC, or if the prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, that prize will be forfeited and if time permits, at the discretion of the Contest sponsor / and or Contest administrator, an alternate entrant will be selected as the winner by random drawing from among the remaining entries.
- Winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the Station located at 8001-101 Creedmoor Rd., Raleigh 27613 Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
- During the Contest Period, eligible participants will be encouraged to take part in the Contest by listening to the correct time to call in to win.
- The daily giveaway will take place on October 3-5, November 19-23 and December 10-14, 2012. The winners will be selected from the correct caller requested by the DJ on the air.
- The winners will be instructed to come to the offices of the station located at 8001-101 Creedmoor Rd, Raleigh, 27613 to claim their prize.
- All decisions made by WFXC and Radio One management or any Contest Sponsor regarding any aspect of this Contest is final.
- Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize (prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged).
- Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
- No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations.
- Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entrants participating during the Contest Period.
- By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of WFXC, Radio One and or Contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
- WFXC retains the right to disqualify any entrant if all Contest rules are not followed.
- All Contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold WFXC, Radio One, sponsor, any other Contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with Contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of any awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
- By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that WFXC and Radio One have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Dates and times of concerts and trips promoted by Contest sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of WFXC and Radio One. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature WFXC and Radio One are not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
- Any information collected by registering to enter the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with these Official Contest Rules.
- WFXC and Radio One, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any entrant to complete or continue an internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, including any injury or damage to any computer arising from or relating to participation in this Promotion. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. In addition, WFXC and Radio One, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete Contest entries. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Once submitted, entries become the property of WFXC and Radio One and will not be returned.
- If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts, criminal acts of third parties, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond WFXC and Radio One‘s control which, in WFXC and Radio One’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, WFXC and Radio One reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
- Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, WFXC and Radio One reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.