Most people who get COVID-19 will be able to recover at home. CDC has directions for people who are recovering at home and their caregivers, including:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Use a separate room and bathroom for sick household members (if possible).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Provide your sick household member with clean disposable facemasks to wear at home, if available, to help prevent spreading COVID-19 to others.
- Clean the sick room and bathroom, as needed, to avoid unnecessary contact with the sick person.
However, some people may need emergency medical attention. Watch for symptoms and learn when to seek emergency medical attention.
When to Seek Emergency Medical Attention
Look for emergency warning signs* for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.
5 Times Gabrielle Union Went Off On The Red Carpet
1. GABRIELLE UNION AT NBC'S "AMERICA'S GOT TALENT" SEASON 14 KICK-OFF, 2019Source:Getty 1 of 5
2. GABRIELLE UNION AT THE 2019 MET GALA, 2019Source:Getty 2 of 5
3. GABRIELLE UNION AT THE ESPYS, 2019Source:Getty 3 of 5
4. GABRIELLE UNION AT FOX'S TEEN CHOICE, 2019Source:Getty 4 of 5
5. GABRIELLE UNION AT THE WOMEN'S CANCER RESEARCH FUND'S AN UNFORGETTABLE EVENING BENEFIT GALA, 2019Source:Getty 5 of 5