They are calling it the deadliest mass shooting in American history. More than 50 people killed and over 400 injured after a mass shooting occurred during a Jason Aldean concert at the Mandalay Bay Casino in Las Vegas last night.
Las Vegas police say that the shooter, 64-year-old Stephen Paddock, is dead. Paddock opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino across the street from the concert with an automatic weapon.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
What we know:
- What’s happened: Over 50 people were killed and more than 400 injured in a shooting outside the Mandalay Bay Resort on the Las Vegas Strip during a music festival on Sunday night. It is the deadliest mass shooting in US history. Shots were fired from the 32nd floor of the resort, according to police. Country singer Jason Aldean was performing at the time.
- What we know about the suspect: Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Sherif Joseph Lombardo named the suspect as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock. Described as a “local resident,” the suspected shooter has been killed. Lombardo said police have tracked down Paddock’s female companion, Marilou Danley.
- What we know about the victims: Off-duty police officers are among the dead, according to LVMPD Sheriff Joe Lombardo. Their identities have not been released. Two police officers are also being treated for injuries — one officer is in critical condition and the other has minor injuries.
Text “Foxy NC” To 24042 for your chance at ticket giveaways and news before anyone else!…Standard Messaging Rates Apply
For the Latest Entertainment News:Follow @foxy107104
- Saheed Vassell’s Father Fights For Charges After Son’s Police Shooting
- This Is the Police Interaction Video Texas Students Must Watch to Graduate High School
- Ben Jealous’ HBCUs Plan Highlights Maryland’s Complicated Relationship With Black Colleges
- Movie Review: The Hate U Give