FYI…a school district in Baytown, Texas thinks children can’t learn if one of the students has a haircut with two parts in it.
Xavier Davis, a sixth grader, has had the same haircut for about six months, according to his dad. The cut consists of two parts. But last week, his school had an issue with the cut and threatened Xavier with suspension if he didn’t correct the “distracting” style.
After one day on in-school suspension, Xavier’s mother colored in the second part with a black marker so his style would meet the school’s approval.
The school district’s dress code states:
“Letters, symbols, and designs beyond a single straight line which draw attention to an individual shall not be permitted. The administrator/supervisor reserves the right to determine if a hairstyle is disruptive to the educational process.”
Music’s Most Famous Feuds
1. Chris Brown vs. Soulja BoySource: 1 of 9
2. 50 Cent vs. Kanye WestSource: 2 of 9
3. Jimmy Kimmel vs. Kanye WestSource: 3 of 9
4. NIcki Minaj vs. Lil’ KimSource: 4 of 9
5. Drake vs. Chris BrownSource: 5 of 9
6. Ciara vs. RihannaSource: 6 of 9
7. Eminem vs. Mariah Carey and Nick CannonSource: 7 of 9
8. Mariah Carey vs. Nicki MinajSource: 8 of 9
9. The Game vs. 50 CentSource: 9 of 9
Follow Karen Clark on Social Media