Home sweet home. We all invest in protecting our belongings from purchasing insurance to installing home security systems. But there are easy things that we sometimes forget to do to keep our belongings and loved ones safe from harm. Here are a few tips:
1. Changing smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries regularly: When you hear the warning beep, don’t ignore it. Replace the batteries as soon as possible.
2. Create an escape plan and have regular family fire drills. Be prepared.
3. Unplug electric blankets and heaters when not in use. Fires resulting from heaters are common in the winter so remember to disconnect them before retiring.
4. Store flammable liquids, such as gas for the lawnmower, cans of paint and charcoal lighter fluid in proper containers.
5. Invest in fire extinguishers. Keep one in the kitchen and on the second level of your home.
For more tips and money-saving coupons, go to www.pgeveryday.com.
A Safe House: 5 Easy Ways to Keep Your Family Out of Danger was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
Singer/Songwriter Bobby Caldwell Dies at 71
REPORT: Sean Lampkin, Best Known as Nipsey on "Martin," Dies at 54
Tisha Campbell-Martin Responds To Duane and Will Smith Gay Rumors
Everything You Missed From Women's Empowerment 2023/Soul II Soul Tour!
Kandi & Tiny Respond To Critics After Saying Xscape Has Larger Fanbase Than SWV & Demanding They Headline Tour
Alicia Keys: "Girl On Fire" [AUDIO]
Willis Reed, New York Knicks Legend, Dies at 80
Spice Announces Her Third Pregnancy: ‘God Has Been So Good To Me!’