Community

To celebrate the honor of Iman receiving the Fashion Icon Award at this year’s CFDA’s, Barneys New York creative director Simon Doonan dedicated two of the store’s Madison Avenue window displays to the supermodel and mogul. The display included collages and cutout images of her; while the other showcase a Bruce Weber portrait of Iman […]

“Fences”, the Pulitzer Prize winning play by August Wilson with an award winning ensemble cast featuring Denzel Washington is utterly amazing. Denzel Washington plays Troy Maxson, the center of this play, and incarnates his character uniquely unlike any work done in his films.

(From apartmenttherapy.com) Assuming you’re not traveling by steamship with a trunk full of your life’s possessions, you probably want to pare down and fit all the essentials into a carry-on bag.

FROM PEOPLE: Despite the joys of fatherhood, actor Taye Diggs is leaving it up to wife Idina Menzel as to whether there will be a baby number two. “I was in the room when my wife gave birth to Walker [Nathaniel], and after seeing that and going through the nine months of pregnancy with her, […]

Kerry Washington made a stop at the David Letterman Show and looked absolutely fab!

FROM RAP-UP: It’s not often you see Lauryn Hill out and about, but leave it to TMZ to find the notoriously press-shy star on the streets of Manhattan while leaving the Tanzania Education Trust New York Gala on Monday (April 19). Ms. Hill was friendly and cordial to the cameras, even laughing at times. When […]

Shopping online has turned into a real popular item in the last few years and why wouldn’t it since you can get everything from a book to a car without leaving your bedroom. Now its tax time and while you may have listed each item with care and waits for uncle Sam to teeter tooter […]

Mic testing for thumbnail from elev8 Mic testing for thumbnail from elev8

The Denzel Principle is a humorous look at the age old complaint of the inability for African American women to find a “good man”.

When my four-year-old asked me about defeating the devil, I was at a loss for words – almost. Luke 12: 11-12  (New International Version) “‘When you are brought before synagogues, rulers and authorities, do not worry about how you will defend yourselves or what you will say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you at […]

C & A Solutions will feed breakfast to the homeless on November 14, 2009 starting at 8am on Person street across from the Salvation Army. Monetary donations are encouraged as well as donating winter necessities. We will also be giving away hats, scarfs, and coats. Therefore; if you have any to donate, please bring them […]