A 14-year-old student from Fairfax, Virginia, Heman Bekele, has developed an innovative soap that holds promise in the potential treatment of skin cancer. He has named his creation “Skin Cancer Treating Soap” (SCTS), and he asserts that it can be produced for just $8.50, yielding 20 bars per batch.
Heman initiated this project during his 8th-grade year, driven by the understanding that skin cancer cells tend to weaken dendritic cells in the body, thereby hindering the immune response and allowing cancer to proliferate. SCTS, according to Heman, contains specific agents that may reactivate dendritic cells, potentially aiding in the elimination of cancer cells.
His remarkable achievement earned him the title of “America’s Top Young Scientist” and a $25,000 prize. This recognition came about as his innovation clinched first place in the prestigious 3M Young Scientist Challenge, an annual competition designed to empower students in grades 5 through 8 to make a positive impact on the world with their innovative ideas, as presented by the 3M Young Scientist Lab.
Regarding the practical application of SCTS in treating skin cancer, Heman’s mentor for the 3M Young Scientist Challenge, Deborah Isabelle, who is also a product engineering specialist at 3M, expressed that it holds potential. However, she emphasized that the soap would need to undergo the customary clinical trials, a process that may span between five to ten years. It’s worth noting that, as of now, Heman has not conducted physical trials. Instead, he has relied on digital molecular testing, secondary data analysis, and formulaic computations to arrive at his preliminary results.
source: The DMV Daily
- Don’t Make Your Guest Sick With Your Thanksgiving Turkey!
- FDA Warning: Children May Be Getting Wrong Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Free Blood Lead Testing At Durham Health Department Ends Tomorrow
- Wake County Public Health To Offer New COVID-19 Vaccines This Week
- Free Alzheimer’s Educational Conference On October 18th In Raleigh
- Wake County to Host Free Vaccine and HIV Testing Event
- New Bill Would Prevent Mandatory COVID Vaccines for NC Schools, Government Employees
- ALS Is Making It Impossible For Roberta Flack To Sing, Says Rep
- I Just Had My First Mammogram As A 40-Year-Old Black Woman, And Here’s What To Expect
- Biden Administration Declares Monkeypox Outbreak as National Health Emergency
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Virginia Teen’s Cancer Treatment Soap Earns National Science Prize was originally published on kysdc.com
Washed Crooner Aaron Hall Getting Dragged For All The Filth After Rape Accusation With Diddy
We Can't Go For That! Daryl Hall Files Restraining Order Against John Oates In Messy Legal Battle
Sean "Diddy" Combs To Temporarily Step Down as REVOLT Chairman
Cheryl Lynn Enjoys "Lovely" Royalties As "Encore" Gets A Resurgence On TikTok
SCORE! Tyreek Hill and Other Pro Athletes With Enough Kids To Start Their Own Teams
Bonnets & Politics: Cardi B Slams NYC Mayor Eric Adams & President Joe Biden, X Users React
Tisha Campbell-Martin Responds To Duane and Will Smith Gay Rumors
WORLD AIDS DAY: Remembering Black Celebrities We Lost