After recently going viral sharing her theory of the black experience to the board game monopoly, activist and author Kimberly Jones talks about how black people should get justice.
She talks about the demands and changes black people deserve after years of enslavement and discrimination. While being out at the rallies and protests, she says the people are setting the proper stage for change. Listen to hear Jones’ thoughts on the climate of today and check out her theory in the video below.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Here Are The Changes Already Made Due To The George Floyd Protests
1. Los Angeles, California: City Officials Cutting $100-$150 Million From LAPD Budget, Funds To Be Reinvested In Communities Of Color1 of 15
2. Philadelphia statue of Frank Rizzo that stood in front of the Municipal Service Building has been removed.
2 of 15
3. The Statue of Confederate General Robert E Lee Will Be Removed
3 of 15
4. The 6 Atlanta Police Officers Who Used Excessive Force Arrested
4 of 15
5. UNITY: All 50 States Protest For Justice
5 of 15
6. Progress - Portland Discontinues Armed Police Presence
6 of 15
7. After Nationwide Outcry, The Charges Were Upgraded & The 3 Others Arrested
7 of 15
8. Minnesota Terminates Contract With Police Dept.
8 of 15
9. The Demand To End 'No Knock Warrants' In Louisville, KY After The Murder Of Breonna Taylor
9 of 15
For Breonna Taylor’s Birthday Call the Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear. Demand justice, a case be opened, the arrest of all participating officers who ILLEGALLY performed a no knock warrant and killed her in her sleep...Demand they be charged. https://t.co/wSOzR8Nn1N pic.twitter.com/j3eXBdpff9— wooptywooblazayblah (@Ms_DahliaTweets) June 4, 2020
10. Councilwoman Ella Jones made history when she was elected as the first Black mayor of Ferguson, Missouri.
10 of 15