After hours of searching for the fourth construction worker. The body was discovered around 4:15pm.
The following statement was released by the company responsible for the project :
“On January 15, an incident occurred involving a subcontractor working on a construction site for a D R Mozeley project. Our thoughts and prayers are with the workers and their families affected by this incident. The safety of all employees and subcontractors on our construction sites is our highest priority and we are deeply committed to following all industry safety standards. We will be working with the appropriate agencies to identify the cause of this incident. We will provide more information as it becomes available.”
Earlier Wednesday a trench collapsed at 4209 Corners Parkway near TW Alexander and Glenwood Avenue.
Four workers were located in the trench when it collapsed. Three of the workers have been rescued, while one still remains under the debris.
According to ABC 11, The conditions of two of the workers taken to Duke University Hospital are unknown.
More Going On In NC:Follow @hiphopnc
- Cardi B. On Zaya Wade: ‘Let People Find Their Own Happiness’
- Eva Marcille And Tyra Banks Reunite On ‘Watch What Happens Live’
- I Love My HBCU: Attending An HBCU With A Purpose & A Plan
- MODEL MONDAY: Kyiona Goldie Has Gone The Distance
- Niecy Nash Posts Sultry Instagram Snap In Honor Of 50th Birthday [PHOTO]
- Lena Waithe Will Be The Voice Of Disney’s First Ever LGBTQ Character
- You Still Have Time To Register For Kickball And Softball In Wake Forest
- Slain HBCU Student Anitra Gunn’s Boyfriend Has Been Charged With Murder
- Harvey Weinstein Convicted Of Rape, Criminal Sex Act In Manhattan Trial
- Justin Bieber Performs “Never Would Have Made It” At Kanye’s Sunday Service