The inaugural Downtown Rocky Mount Food Truck Invasion, sponsored by the city of Rocky Mount’s Community and Business Development Department, will take place Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019 from 4-9 p.m., rain or shine.
The event will be located at NE Main St. between Thomas and Goldleaf Street, in front of the Rocky Mount Event Center and on the historic Douglas Block. This community focused event will delight foodies and those who crave downtown festivities. With an anticipated 20+ food trucks in attendance, event goers will taste cuisine from a variety of food vendors. There will also be plenty of opportunities to shop and support artisans who will have lots of amazing handcrafted items for sale, as well as the beloved brick and mortars who are already a part of the downtown landscape.
An on-site beer garden, featuring local craft beer vendors from the city, will be serving up delicious brews. The event will even boast Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee, DJ Terminator X.
The Rocky Mount Event Center serves as the perfect backdrop for the Downtown Rocky Mount Food Truck Invasion, as it is also celebrating its one-year anniversary. This family-friendly event will have lots of fun-filled activities for kids of all ages. There will be face painting, henna tattoos, a coloring station, a balloon artist and open play in the game room. The Event Center will also house a “nursing nook” for breastfeeding moms.
All activities are free and will be located inside the Rocky Mount Event Center. A signed waiver is required for admittance into the kids’ area. Space is still available for additional food trucks and vendors to participate. Those interested in participating should contact event organizers Burt + Brewington Creative Agency at http://www.burtandbrewington.com, visit www.thefoodtruckinvasion.com, call 919-244-1435 or email email@example.com.
The city of Rocky Mount hopes this event will be successful in creating an unforgettable experience for those who attend and the community at large.
17 Times This Disney Star's Elevated Fashion Game Made Us 'Reach For The Skai'
1. Walking In New York CitySource:Getty 1 of 17
2. At TLC's Give A Little Awards 2019Source:Getty 2 of 17
3. At Beautycon Festival Los Angeles 2019 - Day 2Source:WENN 3 of 17
4. At BuzzFeed's "AM To DM"Source:Getty 4 of 17
5. Peep These Boots!Source:Getty 5 of 17
6. In New York CitySource:Getty 6 of 17
7. At The Lion King PremiereSource:WENN 7 of 17
8. At Marsai Martin's 15th Birthday PartySource:Getty 8 of 17
9. At Ted Baker London AW'19 Launch EventSource:Getty 9 of 17
10. At TOMMYNOW New York Fall 2019Source:Getty 10 of 17
11. At The WE Day UNSource:Getty 11 of 17
12. At 2019 Black Girls Rock!Source:Getty 12 of 17
13. At The World Premiere of 'Godzilla: King of the Monsters'Source:WENN 13 of 17
14. At The Made And Mastercard Present A Limited Edition Capsule By Rodarte EventSource:Getty 14 of 17
15. At The HollyRod Foundation's 21st Annual DesignCare GalaSource:Getty 15 of 17
16. At The InStyle Max Mara Women In Film CelebrationSource:Getty 16 of 17
17. At The Christopher Kane PartySource:WENN 17 of 17