Patti LaBelle joins Raleigh, North Carolina for the 25th Anniversary of Women’s Empowerment. She sits down with Karen Clark of Foxy 107.1/104.3, the two discuss the trials and tribulations of her career.
Ms. LaBelle expresses the hardship of losing so many of her family and friends. She emotionally speaks about how her son is who she considers as her hero.
Performing for 60 years, she’s been known for her legendary voice, cooking, and acting. “I never wanted to be an actress. I just wanted to sing and cook”, LaBelle said.
- Trump Nominating Amy Coney Barrett After Voting Has Begun Undermines The Democratic Process, Civil Rights Groups Say
- Trump Is Expecting Amy Coney Barrett To ‘Be A Female Antonin Scalia,’ Who Once Said Blacks Need ‘Slower’ Colleges
- “When We Don’t Vote Speech” From Rev. Dr. Howard-John Wesley Explains Why We Need To Vote [WATCH]
- Facing Eviction In Durham? Check Out Free Webinar Sept. 29th
- Marcus Bass From NC Black Alliance Discusses Importance Of Local Elections
- This Weekend’s Community Events – Food Distributions
- Malika Haqq Collaborates With Naked Wardrobe For A Mommy And Me Clothing Line
- Brandy Interviews Ryan Destiny For The Fall Issue Of Wonderland Magazine
- Quick Video Explains How Absentee Ballots Work
- The Black Ballot: What Are The Criminal Justice Reform Asks Before And Beyond The Election?