According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Viral Video Of Bobcat Attacking Couple Took Place In North Carolina
- Republican State Rep. Who Attended Trump’s Jan. 6 Rally Mocks Lynchings, Defends Racist 3/5 Compromise
- Republicans’ New ‘America First Caucus’ Carries On Trump’s White Supremacist Politics
- Former Bad Boy Rapper Black Rob Dead At 51
- Kelly Price Shares The Inspiration Behind Her Gospel Project + Details On American Soul [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Beyoncé’s White Area Suit Is Next Level DRIP
- Hot Spot: Should Black Panther Recast T’Challa To Continue His Legacy? [WATCH]
- Does Your Teen Want To Understand Credit & Debt?
- Melissa’s “Pick Hit Of The Week” VaShawn Mitchell “Lifted Up”
- Rihanna Just Brought Back A Few Trends From The 2000s And We’re Not Mad At It