Three children were mistakenly served Pine-Sol instead of apple juice at a preschool in Hawaii, according to reports.
The children, ages 4- and 5-years-old, reportedly took small sips of the cleaning liquid in the Honolulu classroom on Thursday but did not show any signs of trauma or sickness, KHON reports.
According to reports, the mixup occurred during snack time when an assistant took the labeled bottle off of a cleaning cart in the kitchen while preparing snacks. Another teacher reportedly smelled the yellow liquid and stopped the children from drinking it.
The three children who ingested the Pine-Sol were evaluated by EMS officials and their parents were notified.
KHON reported that the assistant no longer works at the preschool.
Consuming Pine-Sol, which contains chemicals, can be dangerous and even fatal.
In a letter to parents, the school said it will be re-evaluating its procedures for servings snacks to prevent any mistake from happening again. The preschool’s staff is also to undergo mandatory training.
Celebrity Real Life Teachers And Those Who Played Them On TV
1. Jesse Williams1 of 16
2. Jill Scott2 of 16
3. Denzel Washington3 of 16
4. Paula Patton: Precious4 of 16
5. Samuel L. Jackson: One Eight Seven5 of 16
6. Morgan Freeman: Lean On Me6 of 16
7. Orlando Jones: Drumline7 of 16
8. Roberta Flack8 of 16
9. Cameron Diaz: Bad Teacher9 of 16
10. Whoopi Goldberg: Sister Act I and II10 of 16
11. Laurence Fishburne: Akeelah and the Bee11 of 16
12. Julia Roberts: Mona Lisa Smile12 of 16
13. Bill Bellamy: Mr. Box Office13 of 16
14. Cedric the Entertainer: The Steve Harvey Show14 of 16
15. President Barack Obama15 of 16
16. Mr. T16 of 16
Preschoolers Served Pine-Sol Instead Of Apple Juice was originally published on blackamericaweb.com