Cobb County 911 got an emergency call Friday night from who they believed to be a firefighter, after he fell more than 20 feet out of a tree, reports Action News.
When police arrived to help him, they didn’t find a firefighter, they found an impersonator.
Cobb County Fire Chief Randy Crider told Channel 2 Action News that Conrad Sloane, 22, had “stolen everything on him,” including a radio with access to police and fire information.
Sloane allegedly told police that he was an off-duty DeKalb County firefighter, Channel 2 reported. He was wearing a stolen uniform with an emergency medical technician’s patch on the sleeve and had a stolen radio, Crider said.
“He had all of the patches of that department’s logo and his EMT certification on the arm that represents whoever’s uniform he stole … represents their skill set, their certification,” Crider said.
Crider told the news station he was most disturbed by the stolen radio.
“If he were to make a false call to a certain area of the county, and a number of officers were to respond, that leaves that territory … vulnerable,” Crider said. “And he could do something there that’s in violation of the law.”
It is unknown why he was in the tree he fell from, but Sloane allegedly told police his drone was stuck. However, no drone was found.
Sloane reportedly faces felony charges of impersonating a firefighter and theft, according to Cobb County Jail records. He remains in the Cobb County Jail without bond.
1. Remy Ma1 of 10
2. Bobby Shmurda2 of 10
3. Apollo Nida was just sentenced to 8 years in prison for fraud.3 of 10
4. Darren Sharper is currently on trial for rape in several states.4 of 10
5. Justin Bieber has had some trouble with the law in the past for marijuana possession, drag racing and a number of other crimes.5 of 10
6. Chris Brown is currently in jail for violating his probation.6 of 10
7. OJ Simpson7 of 10
8. James Brown was sentenced to 6 years in 1988 for not stopping his car in a police chase.8 of 10
9. Meek Mill was sentenced to 2-4 years for violating his probation and driving dirt bikes in NYC.9 of 10
10. Suge Knight was indicted by a grand jury for threatening death to director F. Gary Gary in August of 2017.(AP)10 of 10
Man In Stolen Firefighter’s Uniform Called 911 After Falling From Tree was originally published on blackamericaweb.com