If you’ve recently puchased pre-cut melon, you might want to throw it out, according to the CDC.
Pre-cut melon and pre-made fruit salads in several states, including North Carolina, have been included in the warning because of potential salmonella bacteria contamination. The recalled products were sold in clear containers at Costco, Jay C, Kroger, Payless, Owen’s, Sprouts, Trader Joe’s, Walgreens, Walmart and Whole Foods.
The agency urges consumers to throw away:
- Pre-cut melon sold at Walmart stores in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, or Ohio.
- Pre-cut melon purchased at Kroger, Jay C or Payless stores in Indiana and Michigan.
- Fruit salad containing melon purchased at Walmart, Kroger, Jay C or Payless stores in the affected states.
- Any pre-cut melon or fruit salads with melon if you don’t remember where it was purchased.
Only pre-cut melon is affected by the recall. Whole melon is still OK to eat, the CDC said.
Puerto Rican Day!: 10 Celebs Holding It Down For The Boricuas
1. Fat Joe1 of 10
2. Joaquin Phoenix2 of 10
3. Jennifer Lopez3 of 10
4. Lala Anthony4 of 10
5. Miguel Cotto5 of 10
6. Tekashi 6ix9ine6 of 10
7. Joseline Hernandez7 of 10
8. Bad Bunny8 of 10
9. Jessica Wild9 of 10
10. Ricky Martin10 of 10