After 52 years on the music scene, the legendary Patti LaBelle is returning to television and bringing her famous cooking recipes along for the ride.
Patti LaBelle’s Place premieres on the The Cooking Channel, Saturday December 3rd at 11am EST. She talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about what to expect from her new show and reveals that a Peach Cobbler and Berry Parfait will be coming to stores soon.
“I have Gayle King, Estelle, 50 Cent, Kirk Franklin, Erica Campbell…no 50 cannot cook. Everybody on the show is totally different. It was fun doing it with all different friends of mine. It’s something for everyone. I had fun doing it so I hope it relays.” she said.
On reinventing her self after 52 years:
“You’re right. It attracted a lot of people who had no clue who Patti LaBelle was. They knew who I am now.”
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Aging Where? Celebrities Who Look Better With Time
1. Taraji P. Henson, NowSource:Evan Agostini/Invision/AP 1 of 5
2. Denzel Washington, NowSource:AP Photo/Andrew Harnik 2 of 5
3. Oprah, NowSource:AP Photo/Themba Hadebe 3 of 5
4. Kenya MooreSource:Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP 4 of 5
5. Cicely Tyson, NowSource:Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP 5 of 5
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
Patti LaBelle Talks New Cooking Show, Reveals Which Celebrity Can’t Cook was originally published on blackamericaweb.com