Legendary boxer Bernard Hopkins talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about Muhammad Ali‘s legacy and how he single-handledly changed the game of sports.
“We talk about poetry and rap, but he brought that to sports. Ali was his own promoter in a way. If it wasn’t for Ali I wouldn’t have the same controversy, good or bad. I blame Ali,” Hopkins said.
The Champ is Here! Our 10 Favorite Muhammad Ali Quotes
1. I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.1 of 9
2. I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.2 of 9
3. Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.3 of 9
4. A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty wasted thirty years of his life.4 of 9
5. Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths.5 of 9
6. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.6 of 9
7. It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.7 of 9
8. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.8 of 9
9. We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last.9 of 9
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
‘Blame It On Ali’ – Bernard Hopkins Says The Champ Influenced His Career was originally published on blackamericaweb.com