Depending on your age, you will either call Keisha Knight Pulliam-Hartwell Rudy or Miranda. The Spelman alum, former Cosby Kid and House of Payne star shared the stage at Women’s Empowerment to discuss educational options and the power of choice in education. After the discussion she stopped to speak about her passion project – Kamp Kizzy, a non-profit she founded to empower girls. She not only founded the organization, but she is extremely active. The Spelman alum, and Bonner scholar, graduated with a degree in sociology and has used that to help build Kamp Kizzy, including writing the curriculum that is used in the program.
Highlights from the interview:
- Operate in authenticity and integrity at all times.
- Follow your passion and the money will come.
- Don’t allow anyone to steal your joy.
- A kid who doesn’t know, doesn’t know how to dream.
- Thoughts manifest into action. Dream big. Think big. Accomplish big.