Yesterday, President Obama made an unscheduled appearance in the press room. His comments were unscripted and straight from the heart explaining why African-Americans were upset about last week’s acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin. Social media was in overdrive Friday with people both praising and questioning the president’s move. Martin’s parents released a statement following the remarks, saying, “President Obama sees himself in Trayvon and identifies with him. This is a beautiful tribute to our boy.” What are your thoughts?
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- ‘Ghetto Mom’ Shames Daughter’s Bad Behavior At School. Good Parenting Or Bad Approach?
- CIAA Staying In Charlotte For Six Years, Headquarters Moving To CLT
- Get Social At This Year's Women's Empowerment Expo!
- Durham Parents Invited To Discuss Suspensions & Discipline Issues
- Origin of Spring Forward