Your mouth is the gateway to the rest of your body, and it can tell you alot about your health. There are almost 120 medical conditions your dentist can detect in their early stages. Good oral health affects your overall health; inflammation caused by gum disease is linked to diabetes, pancreatic cancer, cardiovascular disease and preterm birth. Researchers say oral bacteria may be linked to heart disease, arterial blockages and stroke. Visit the dentist once or twice a year to maintain good oral hygiene, fight plaque by flossing daily, stay away from sugar and foods high in protein and acidity and give your teeth a good brushing: at least 2 minutes each time you brush.
- Behind The Scenes: Ledisi’s InterludesLIVE [VIDEO]
- Activists Present ‘Rules Of Engagement’ So Ferguson Police Won’t Incite Violence After Grand Jury Decision
- Bill Cosby Speaks On Rape Allegations & Doesn’t Say Much
- Phaedra Parks Totally ‘Unmoved’ By Apollo Nida’s Kenya Moore Confession
- Does Your Child Have Asthma?
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap