There’s been a lot of criticism of Zoe Saldana having been selected to play the lead in the movie of the life of singer Nina Simone. Some say she’s not “Black” enough; not black enough because she’s latina and black or because Saldana has put on makeup to darken her skin for the role? “I’m playing this role, I don’t care about the criticism. I don’t care who says I’m not this or I’m not that. I know who I am and I know what Nina Simone means to me. I’m doing this out of love for Nina, my people and my pride in being a Black woman, a Latina woman and an American woman”.
- Behind The Scenes: Ledisi’s InterludesLIVE [VIDEO]
- Activists Present ‘Rules Of Engagement’ So Ferguson Police Won’t Incite Violence After Grand Jury Decision
- Bill Cosby Speaks On Rape Allegations & Doesn’t Say Much
- Phaedra Parks Totally ‘Unmoved’ By Apollo Nida’s Kenya Moore Confession
- Does Your Child Have Asthma?
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap