There’s been a lot of criticism of Zoe Saldana having been selected to play the lead in the movie of the life of singer Nina Simone. Some say she’s not “Black” enough; not black enough because she’s latina and black or because Saldana has put on makeup to darken her skin for the role? “I’m playing this role, I don’t care about the criticism. I don’t care who says I’m not this or I’m not that. I know who I am and I know what Nina Simone means to me. I’m doing this out of love for Nina, my people and my pride in being a Black woman, a Latina woman and an American woman”.
- Common Chooses Friendship Over Music With Kanye West
- Zoe Saldana Snaps Over Media Announcing Her Pregnancy
- Joe Jackson Pens Open Letter To Janet: ‘I’m Proud Of You’
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- The Top 10 Reasons To Have More Sex [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Phaedra Parks Takes Leave Of Absence From ‘Real Housewives Of Atlanta’?!