There’s been a lot of criticism of Zoe Saldana having been selected to play the lead in the movie of the life of singer Nina Simone. Some say she’s not “Black” enough; not black enough because she’s latina and black or because Saldana has put on makeup to darken her skin for the role? “I’m playing this role, I don’t care about the criticism. I don’t care who says I’m not this or I’m not that. I know who I am and I know what Nina Simone means to me. I’m doing this out of love for Nina, my people and my pride in being a Black woman, a Latina woman and an American woman”.
- North Carolina to Host Women Veterans Summit and Expo
- President Obama Signs Executive Order To Bolster Equal Pay For Women
- Shaw University Is The Latest In A Long List Of Schools To Get "Happy"
- Frequency News: Jhene Aiko & More
- Tom Joyner Morning Show Recap
- Adorable Video Of Father Arguing With A Baby (VIDEO)