North Carolina’s Triangle has long been fertile ground for enjoying the region’s rich bounty. So what makes Durham, in particular, shine? A compelling mix of pioneers (like Shane Ingram at Four Square, who’s fostered local talent), alongside a new generation of boot-strap cooks. From Scratch Bakery to Watts Grocery, where much of the menu is raised, caught, smoked, pickled or cured within a two-hour radius, Durham is brimming with spots that passionately support local businesses. Counter Culture Coffee (a green and sustainably minded roaster that’s schools baristas across the country), keeps the scene buzzing.
- LL Cool J And Ice Cube Are Kings Of The Mic
- President Obama Delivers Commencement At Morehouse [Photos]
- BEAUTY BEAT: The Best Celeb Makeup Looks Of The Week
- Keandre Varner: Student Suspended After Posting Principal’s Mugshot To Instagram
- Gladys Knight, O'Jays Coming To DPAC June 30
- Listen To The People, Not Lobbyists [PHOTOS]